We are excited to announce that Miller Pipeline was recently awarded an additional contract with SEMCO Energy in Port Huron, MI. The contract will begin in January 2022. Anyone currently working in Port Huron and qualified for a position is encouraged to apply. We will immediately hire qualified candidates and put them to work in Detroit until January 2022 when the SEMCO contract begins.
We’re hiring the following union positions in both Detroit and Port Huron:
- Pipe Fitters/Fusers/Welders
- Equipment Operators
- Gas Distribution Production Crew Foremen
- Gas Distribution Drilling Foremen
- Sewer Locators
In-person hiring event:
- When? Wednesday and Thursday, November 17-18 from 3:00 – 9:00 PM (Map)
- Where? DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 800 Harker St, Port Huron, MI 48060
- How to prepare? Bring a photo ID and stop by for a visit! We’ll have several team members on-site to inform candidates about our hiring process and benefits. Applicants can apply on-site at the hiring event.
What we offer:
- Competitive union pay. (Not a union member? We’ll help you join before your first day.)
- Quarterly safety bonuses for outstanding performance
- Lodging at no cost to team members if they must travel for work, along with daily per diems. However, we don’t anticipate many travelers as we choose to employ team members as close to their homes as possible.
- On-the-job training, including Miller covering the cost for new team members to obtain a CDL-A driver’s license.
- Enrollment in our new hire mentorship program known as Green to Gold with graduation approximately 90 days to six months after hire date.
- Read more about us here