Miller Pipeline is one of the nation’s premier underground utility contractors. Our continued growth has created an opportunity for those interested in advancing their careers in the pipeline industry.
We are searching for a highly motivated and hardworking individual to direct and coordinate operational activities of natural gas pipeline construction, and oversee millions of dollars in construction materials.
At Miller Pipeline you will find:
- Opportunities for advancement;
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits;
- A team-oriented atmosphere that revolves around our core values of Safety, Quality, Commitment, and Reputation.
Main responsibilities include the following:
- Focus on the safety and quality of the crew and worksite:
- Build and develop positive customer relationships. Maintain knowledge of current customer policies and procedures.
- Investigate large potential projects for General Manager. Submit bids on smaller projects.
- Monitor contracts daily to compare actual progress to targets; reconcile necessary gaps with the foremen.
- Monitor financial performance; specifically, job costs per contract.
- Mentor, train, and teach foremen, especially in handling and resolving customer complaints. Follow up with customers, as needed.
- Study drawings and specifications to plan starting and completion times along with staffing, tooling, vehicle and supply requirements for each phase of construction.
- Advise foremen in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays and respond to emergencies.
- Prepare reports on utilization of labor pool, status of projects, estimated completion dates, and backlog.
- Resolve daily construction problems and improve construction methods. Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances. Refer more serious problems to immediate supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Conduct daily approval of system entries by foremen of time and contract items.
- Travel regularly (mostly by car) across the region to plan and manage all work in the field.
Successful candidates must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 7+ years’ experience in the underground utility pipeline industry; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience. Must have natural gas experience, i.e., replacement main and service work with both steel and plastic.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL or ability to obtain one after employment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Ability to thrive in working outdoors and building teams.
- Tact and respect for others.
- Ability to develop a positive team spirit. Inspire the trust of the team.
Financial and business management experience including estimating and quoting is a plus.
Miller Pipeline offers competitive wages and quality benefits.
Miller Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.