The SQC Coordinator will assist with the deployment of the Safety, Quality, and Compliance Departments’ initiatives. This person will be based in the Kansas City, MO area. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform safety and quality audits on regional work crews.
- Meet expectations of safety and quality auditing as set by the department directors.
- Verify and report the status of field personnel regarding their adherence to safety and quality procedures and policies.
- Investigate and report incidents.
- Perform root-cause analysis on any serious incident that occurs; find preventive measures, and communicate the results to management.
- Perform detailed investigations on any incident that results in a task procedure departure, violation or failure.
- Work closely with department directors to discuss progress and issues specific to the area.
- Coordinate quarterly safety meetings in conjunction with area management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; technical or secondary education in related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ construction safety or gas work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products required; experience with Excel creating spreadsheets, sorting data, formatting, and using basic formulas is necessary.
- Ability to use an iPhone app to record and report worksite information.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, good organization, and logical thinking required. Ability to lead others to achieve goals is preferred.
- Good oral communication, especially the ability to clearly and directly speak to a group, is preferred.
- Self-motivated; proactive; ability to plan and execute activities to meet established goals.
- Safety or quality auditing, root cause analysis, training and coaching skills all preferred.
- Infrequently required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Day travel from job site to job site; up to 20% overnight travel required.
The individual must reside within commutable distance of Kansas City, MO.