We are seeking a diesel mechanic to perform and document all phases of vehicle maintenance. Based in Baltimore, MD, this position includes diagnostics on various types of light, medium, and heavy equipment such as pickups, heavy-duty trucks and semi-trailers, excavators, trenchers, dump trucks, backhoes, etc. This individual will be on the road regularly (50%-75%) to other company locations in New Jersey and the Washington, D.C. area in a company vehicle.
Regular duties include the following:
- Troubleshoot vehicle and equipment to diagnose malfunctions and plan work procedures.
- Repair charging systems, engines and/or transmission exchange, brakes and exhaust systems.
- Rebuild parts such as hydraulic cylinders.
- Complete DOT vehicle inspections.
- Execute front end work including brakes, shocks, and radiators.
- Rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Complete repair welding and general fabrication work.
- Replace and/or repair flat tires, perform preventive maintenance, and replace interior and exterior mechanical parts.
- Respond to and complete work orders; prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Maintain accurate daily service reports and equipment status reports.
- Interact daily with internal customers, vendors, manufacturers, etc., for technical questions and support.
- Use laptop for diagnostics, service reports, work orders and time reporting.
- 6+ months’ related training.
- Use a smartphone and laptop; perform functions such as texting, e-mailing in Microsoft Outlook, and keeping notes and records.
- Valid driver/operator license. Ability to obtain CDL after employment.
- Effective troubleshooting and technical ability; solve a variety of complex problems within limited time constraints.
- Supply and maintain personal basic toolset. (Miller Pipeline will provide specialty tools/equipment.)
- Effective written communication.
- Interpersonal skills with all customers.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from an accredited university or technical school.
- 3+ years’ successful hands-on experience with diesel and gasoline engines, hydraulic systems, and diagnostics.
- CDL Class A.