We have an opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join our team. This individual will be responsible for cost accounting and productivity reporting for our gas distribution and municipal water/wastewater services.
- Enter and maintain customer contracts in the ERP environment including revenue items, pricing, job numbers and payment terms.
- Understand systems used in cost accounting and productivity reporting, and evaluate for accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with Controller, Invoicing team, Payroll and Accounts Payable to ensure processes are effective across multiple accounting modules.
- Implement process improvement initiatives across each area to increase accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of task completion.
- Implement and maintain a systematic approach for reconciling job cost and productivity data; for inventory accounting; and for weekly productivity reporting.
- Create and monitor job cost and productivity metrics for performance management for each customer.
- Coordinate monthly closing meetings with field personnel to review revenue and expense items for each job and/or customer. Document meetings and provide a recap to the management team and internal/external auditors.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with field teams and customers (may require light travel).
- Support internal and external audit functions related to cost accounting including maintaining proper documentation according to the internal control framework.
- Support the process improvement group with company-wide initiatives that may include accounting and operational processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field from an accredited university.
- Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office, and experience with an ERP system and/or CRM system.
- Collaborative, excellent attitude and teamwork oriented.
- Analytical thinking; creativity in problem-solving.
- Customer relationship development with internal and external customers.
- Oral and written communication.
- Results-driven personality and sense of urgency in accomplishing
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Some experience working in a large company setting with exposure to book accounting functions, interactions with internal and external customers, and experience in communicating data and performance measurements to the management team.
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills.