What are my duties during an emergency situation?
- The primary role of the VP/President in an emergency situation is to provide leadership and support to ensure the incident is managed safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Coach the GF/Superintendent to ensure they are focusing on protecting life, public, environment, and property.
- Initiate the Crisis Management Team as needed (call President/COO, CFO, VP of Environmental Health, and Safety, and VP of HR).
- In situations involving serious life-threatening injury or loss of life, notify the affected employee’s family of the incident, provide support (pay for travel/lodging/etc.), and maintain ongoing communication with the family.
Who do I call?
After you receive a call from the GF/Superintendent regarding the incident details, call:
- Call Dan Short (317) 653-5205
If Dan doesn’t answer, call Robin Parrish (317) 653-5207
- Call and inform the customer