What are my duties during an emergency situation?
- You will receive the first call about the incident from the foreman – contain and control the emergency situation
- Ensure the job site and crew are safe
- Act as an Incident Safety Officer, as required
- Work with communications and crisis management team to determine a spokesperson for the media
Who do I call?
After you receive a call from the foreman and obtain the incident details:
Call Corporate Safety:
Call #1 – Call Andy Cleeter (317) 677-2161
(if he does not answer or is unavailable)
Call #2 – Call Justin Hutchens (317) 503-6508
Determine the media spokesperson
The Communications Department will call you and/or the GF/Superintendent to determine who the media spokesperson is if Miller is chosen to handle the media.
Determine the following points during the phone call:
- Who is on-site and well-versed and comfortable to speak with the media?
- Once determined, Communications will contact the designated spokesperson to coach and send talking points/statements directly to them.